The beautiful spring weather is finally here! However, for some people, the spring season is the start of allergies. Allergies are nothing to sneeze at, but you can make your home more comfortable for people who do suffer from seasonal allergies.
Cleaning some often forgotten places can help improve the air quality in your home.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Vacuum once or twice a week to draw up any dirt, dust or pollen.
- Clear your clutter. Stacked old boxes and other lingering items hold unwanted dust and allergens.
- Keep your bathroom free of mold by scrubbing counter tops, toilets and shower tiles regularly.
- Clean your sheets in hot water at least once a week to remove dust and allergens.
- Do not air dry your laundry. Leaving your laundry out to dry will cause your clothing to pick up pollen.
- Be sure to clean your outside entry ways to avoid pollen, dirt and other allergens from being tracked in.
- Indoor air quality can make a big difference when it comes to someone suffering with allergies. Regular housecleaning can get rid of many allergy triggers and help relieve symptoms.