The New Year has arrived and people all around the world will be making New Year’s Resolutions. Making a New Year’s Resolutions is the first step to achieving a new you, however, maintaining and following through with your goals can get tough.
Life gets busy and the objectives that you are hoping to reach can fall off of your priority list. If one of your resolutions this New Year is to maintain or get to a healthy weight, here are some easy, everyday tips that can help you stay on track during the chaos.
1. Exercise regularly. Even if it is just for 10 minutes a day, keeping your body moving will help maintain your goal.
2. Reduce your screen time. Put down the phone and remote control and get outside for a walk. Limiting your use of technology gives your mind a moment to rest and helps the body relax.
3. Watch your portions. There is no reason that you can’t enjoy the things you love while trying to eat better. It is all about portions. Instead of eating ten of your favorite cookies, try only having two. This goes for meal potions as well.
4. Eat five servings of fruits and veggies a day. Fruits and veggies are packed with fiber, which means they fill you up. When you fill up on fruits and veggies, you’re less likely to overeat.
5. Avoid skipping breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This meal gives you the energy to kick start your day and also helps aid weight loss.
6. Join a gym. This option can open up many doors to your weight loss journey.
Do you own a gym or a fitness center? Join our family of satisfied fitness clients, and let us quote your gym today! Call our office at (516) 249-5200 or visit our website at www.chedwards.net. Don’t forget to mention us at your gym so we can help them as well.
Good luck with your New Year’s Resolution!
Written by: Amanda Haase