Every year, 12% of Americans move to new homes. The next time you are among the 12%, you may be able to save time, trouble and money when choosing a professional mover. By choosing a professional mover, you won’t have to worry about renting equipment and handling heavy bulky items all while being responsible if something goes wrong!
Here are six helpful hints to help with your next move:
- Be wary of the “guaranteed” estimates offered over the phone or online. Make sure you show the mover everything that needs to be moved, and get at least three estimates to compare.
- Check the company’s ratings with the Better Business Bureau and other consumer websites.
- Make sure all agreements are in writing and get a copy of everything you sign! Especially the bill of lading. Never sign any blank forms.
- Ask questions! If you do not understand something, make sure you have your mover explain everything in detail. Be sure to give your mover your cell phone number so that they can reach you at all times.
- Find a certified and insured professional mover.
- Last but not least, make sure that your new home is properly insured before moving in. Give an independent insurance agent, like C.H. Edwards, Inc. a call! We can help you with a new homeowners, condo, dwelling, or renter’s policy when it is time for your big move. (516) 249-5200.