Why Do Auto Accidents Occur?
Automobile accidents are undesired, incidental and unplanned event’s that most of the time can be prevented.
On average there are 27,000 accidents each day across the globe!
You may be asking, so what are the main contributing factors to car accidents?
According to NYS Department of Motor Vehicle, here are the top 9 contributing factors to accidents:
- Driver Inattention / Distracted Driving (19.1%)
- Following too closely (17.4%)
- Failure to yield right of way (15.7%)
- Unsafe speed (10.9%)
- Slippery Pavement (10.0%)
- Improper passing or lane usage (5.3%)
- Unsafe lane changing (4.3%)
- Traffic control disregarded (4.1%)
- Turning improperly (4.0%)
When you are behind the wheel, it is important to be safe. All of these factors leading to accidents are preventable.
If you have any questions in regards to road safety, please give C.H. Edwards, Inc. a call at (516) 249-5200 and our trained personal lines and commercial lines auto specialists will be happy to answer any of your questions.