When was the last time you inspected your clothes dryer? Failure to do so can pose a safety hazard in your home. Performing a regular maintenance check on your dryer can help promote energy efficiency and keep your dryer running properly for years.
Here are some tips to help maintain your dryer:
- Inspect dryer and dryer vents every two to three years and clear any dirt or lint buildup.
- Replace plastic or vinyl exhaust hoses with rigid or flexible metal venting.
- Clear outdoor vent trap from snow and other debris.
- Clean the dryer filter after each use.
- Dry full loads of laundry and you could save $7 each month!
When it is time to upgrade be sure to visit nationalgridus.com for the latest on rebates for energy efficient appliances.