Are you looking for a way to make your next trip to Disney a little more magical? Have you ever tried pin trading? With all the collections and series to choose from, there are pins out there for everybody. And what makes it even more fun is that you get to interact with the cast members while trading. Each cast member at every merchandise location has a full lanyard of new pins. They are always excited to trade with you and sometimes they even make a game out of it. If you see a pin with the back facing forward then you found a mystery pin. Depending on the cast member you can either choose that pin or answer a trivia question to see it. Whether it’s a mystery pin or a visible pin, it’s always fun to find all the pins you need to collect the set.
Even though the cast members are always eager to trade and interact with you. There are always rules to this fun filled game. Here are the top 7 rules to remember while pin trading.
1. Make sure to ask the cast member to see their lanyard without touching or grabbing their land yard without permission.
2. Don’t feel obligated to trade. If they don’t have a pin you need, it’s okay! Just thank them anyway.
3. If you would like to trade, tell the cast member which one you need and which one you are trading.
4. There is a limit of 2 pins per trade.
5. Make sure to put the pin back on the pin before handing it to the cast member. This prevents anyone from getting poked.
6. Keep your hand open so the cast member can place the pin on your hand without dropping it.
7. Thank the cast member for the trade and they will do the same.
Pin trading is fun for all ages and the perfect way to interact with the cast. You can purchase starter packs of pins that come with lanyards at most merchandise locations. You can also buy individual pins and lanyards. There are also pin specific locations in each park that have exclusive pins. Next time you are in Disney, don’t forget to check out the pin trading works. Happy trading!
Written By: Sandra Costanzo