As Halloween time approaches, children everywhere will be picking out the perfect costume and heading out on Halloween night for some trick or treating fun. Along with the fun Halloween brings, it also can be a time for careless accidents.
Stay safe on Halloween night by following these 7 tips:
• Map out a trick or treating route before leaving the house and stick to a path your child is familiar with.
• Don’t forget to lock up. Whether you plan to stay home or you are heading out make sure to lock your doors and windows.
• Protect your car from being egged by parking in the garage.
• Make sure you and your child wear comfortable shoes to avoid tripping.
• Carry flashlights.
• Make sure costumes are not too long to avoid trip and fall accidents.
• Avoid buying sharp accessories and props. Look for flexible or foam props.
• Make sure to check all of your child’s candy when returning from trick or treating.
• When you are home for the night, keep your property well lit to avoid damage to your property.
As always, have fun and be safe this Halloween season. Start by preparing your children and yourself today.
Curious about what Halloween pranks are covered under your Homeowners Insurance policy? Give us a call at (516) 249-5200 and one of our Homeowners policy specialists will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Happy Halloween from your friends at C.H. Edwards, Inc.